Give thanks for leftovers!
Thanksgiving is right around the corner!
No matter what your Thanksgiving looks like this year, we all love to enjoy amazing food that gathers everyone around the table, whether it’s in person or virtually! But do you ever wonder what to do with all those leftovers? Continue the celebrations and make your meals last longer with these helpful tips!
- Lighten it up! Incorporate fresh fruits and veggies into your post-Thanksgiving meals
- Don’t forget the sides! Use your leftover side dishes on sandwiches, wraps, pitas and more
- Cook once, eat twice! Top your favorite salad mix or whole grain with all the fixins’ for a delicious turkey bowl you can enjoy all week
- Make sure to properly store your leftovers in an air tight container and freeze anything that you won’t be able to consume within a week
- Cooked poultry generally lasts 3 – 4 days in the fridge and 4 – 6 months in the freezer
- Leftovers are great, but as a general rule of thumb, if you’re questioning it based on smell, color or texture, it’s best to be safe and throw it out
Need some inspiration for your leftovers? Check out these recipes and more on The Recipe Shop!